기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

'Nail Book’ Lee Hong Ki, “I Don’t Care What Others Think… This Is Who I Am”


lee hong ki interview for nail book
Group FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki has an odd charm. He shines enough on his own, but his nails are different from other boy idol group members. Lee Hong Ki has been interested in men’s nails since 3 years ago, which led him to even become a writer of his own nail book.
On July 22, Lee Hong Ki released his book ‘Lee Hong Ki Nail Book’ in Korea and Japan, which was sold at an unbelievable rate. ‘Lee Hong Ki Nail Book’ written with the nail artist Kim Soo Jung was full of his love for nail art and for his own character.
Lee Hong Ki’s nails were shown often through his Twitter. And as the main vocal, his nails were frequently shown on air when he grabbed the mic to sing, and his unique nail art designs changed more and more often. Many internet users seemed to hate it at first but that did not stop Lee Hong Ki from carrying out his passion.
Lee Hong Ki said, “I want to break the stereotype that it’s weird for men to get nail art. I also wanted to show my own know-hows. I think that’s why I decided to write a book. At first, I thought, ‘Who would buy this book?’ but I’m happy that people are liking it.”
He said the first time he got nail art was by force. He thought to himself, ‘Why do men need nail art?’ and was satisfied with simple care. But he slowly fell in love with the charm of nail art. He said, “It felt really weird at first. But for our song ‘Hello Hello,’ I went out with nail art on my nails and I realized it would add a nice point to our style. I think that’s when I officially started getting nail art. Now, it’s a part of me that I can’t leave behind.”
Photo Credit: FNC

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

NINE PERCENT PROFILE & PICTORIAL

Cai XuKun Name: Cai XuKun Stage Name: Cai XuKun Nationality: Chinese Birthdate: August 2nd, 1998 Blood Type: A Height: 182 cm Weight: 65 kg Interesting Facts: He was chosen to be the trainee for TFBOYS when he was in elementary school but his parents felt that he was too young and should focus on his studies instead. Chen LiNong   Name: Chen LiNong Stage name: Chen LiNong Label: A Legend Star Entertainment Nationality: Taiwanese Birthdate: October 3rd, 2000 Blood Type: A Height: 183cm Weight: 65kg Interesting Facts: He is in the performing arts department of Nan Chiang Industrial & Commercial Senior High School Fan ChengCheng   Name: Fan ChengCheng Stage name: Fan ChengCheng Label: Yuehua Entertainment Nationality: Chinese Birthdate: June 16th, 2000 Blood Type: B Height: 183cm Weight: 65kg Interesting Facts: He is the brother of famous Chinese actress Fan BingBing and was first exposed to the med...

Sung Joon Shows His Sexy and Fun Side in Harper's Bazaar Pictorial

Model/actor Sung Joon showed a playful but provocative side of himself in a new pictorial. In the June issue of “Harper’s Bazzar” magazine, Sung Joon is depicted as a “playboy,” living in up in a hotel room.   The mix of sophistication and boyish fun is done just right with Sung Joon getting sudsy in a bubble bath, but in another shot, seen smoking cigars in a robe and boxers. Sung Joon’s poses and facial expressions also show just how natural and at ease he is in this shoot. In an interview with the magazine, the “Horror Stories 2,” actor says it was a challenge – being that it is his first horror film – to psychologically get to a place to understand the role he was playing. He continued to say that he actually had to starve himself and listen to depressing music to try to get to a place where he can act out his character. On a lighter note, Sung Joon said lately he wished he had a girlfriend. An easy going girl he can lean on and be comfortable with. Sun...

M.I.B to put on their first solo show!

M.I.B will be holding their first solo show since debut! The boys will be holding the ‘M.I.B Album Release Party [Money In the Building]‘ at Ehwa University in Seoul on the 18th at 7PM KST. The concert will celebrate the release of their second mini-album and their exciting title song “Nod Along“. They’ve not only been promoting the song in Korea, but all over America, Japan, and Singapore as well. M.I.B will be performing “Nod Along”, “G.D.M“, and “Celebrate” along with songs that they’ve never performed live before for their fans, both in and out of Korea. Jungle Entertainment said, “ The big and small-scale hip hop performances centered around Hongik University is becoming a part of the performance culture. M.I.B is going to keep opening hip hop performances and communicate with the audience. We’re looking forward to M.I.B’s performance becoming the new live hip hop performance brand. ” The boys are always masters of whichever stage they stand on, so their first...