기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Singer EXO’s D.O Desired To Be Challenged In The Role of Actor

D.O.

EXO member Do Kyung Soo has always captured attention of viewers  to his excellent performance on both music stage and drama.
The singer-turned- actor started successfully his acting debut with the first role of Han Kang Woo character in popular drama “It’s Ok, It’s Love”. After that, Kyung Soo continued filming for movie “Cart”. The film is about a struggle of workers against their supermarket after they are fired without good reason.
D.O.”s performance in both the drama and the film received good reviews. D.O. never intended to be an actor andhe did not have lessons before appearing in “Cart.” In an interview with Elle Korea, he said that he did discuss the scenes in great detail with Boo Ji Young, the film’s director.
What was it like to see himself on the big screen?
“Honestly, I could only see the other actors,” he said. “When we were filming, I was just focused on acting with Yeom Jung Ah and I didn”t really have a chance to watch other actors act. They all put in a lot of work and they are all really great at acting.”
Yeom Jung Ah, who played his mom in “Cart,” had nothing but praise for her co-star. In an interview with Newsen, she said that D.O. helped break her stereotype of acting idols.
“I thought that Kyung Soo was a very serious young man,” said Yeom. “There′s not even a little bit of a light side to him. He behaves really well, not just in front of the public, but also to his seniors and staff members. He doesn′t purposely overreact or pretend to be sincere. Because I′ve been acting for a really long time, I can instantly tell when someone′s lying. But Kyung Soo doesn′t. His personally is really proper and kind. That′s why I think he receives love.”
D.O. won a Best New Actor Award at the APAN Star Awards for his role in “It”s Okay It”s Love.” And he admits that it was hard for him to let go of his character when the filming ended.
“When I was saying goodbye to the drama”s writer at the farewell party, I began to tear up,” he  told Elle Korea. “Because we were the two people who understood Kang Woo the best.”
With such a stellar year, the casting offers should be rolling in. He is eager to continue acting.”
“I want to continue having these kinds of experiences,” he said.
An interview and photo shoot with D.O can be found in the December issue of Elle Korea.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

NINE PERCENT PROFILE & PICTORIAL

Cai XuKun Name: Cai XuKun Stage Name: Cai XuKun Nationality: Chinese Birthdate: August 2nd, 1998 Blood Type: A Height: 182 cm Weight: 65 kg Interesting Facts: He was chosen to be the trainee for TFBOYS when he was in elementary school but his parents felt that he was too young and should focus on his studies instead. Chen LiNong   Name: Chen LiNong Stage name: Chen LiNong Label: A Legend Star Entertainment Nationality: Taiwanese Birthdate: October 3rd, 2000 Blood Type: A Height: 183cm Weight: 65kg Interesting Facts: He is in the performing arts department of Nan Chiang Industrial & Commercial Senior High School Fan ChengCheng   Name: Fan ChengCheng Stage name: Fan ChengCheng Label: Yuehua Entertainment Nationality: Chinese Birthdate: June 16th, 2000 Blood Type: B Height: 183cm Weight: 65kg Interesting Facts: He is the brother of famous Chinese actress Fan BingBing and was first exposed to the med...

Sung Joon Shows His Sexy and Fun Side in Harper's Bazaar Pictorial

Model/actor Sung Joon showed a playful but provocative side of himself in a new pictorial. In the June issue of “Harper’s Bazzar” magazine, Sung Joon is depicted as a “playboy,” living in up in a hotel room.   The mix of sophistication and boyish fun is done just right with Sung Joon getting sudsy in a bubble bath, but in another shot, seen smoking cigars in a robe and boxers. Sung Joon’s poses and facial expressions also show just how natural and at ease he is in this shoot. In an interview with the magazine, the “Horror Stories 2,” actor says it was a challenge – being that it is his first horror film – to psychologically get to a place to understand the role he was playing. He continued to say that he actually had to starve himself and listen to depressing music to try to get to a place where he can act out his character. On a lighter note, Sung Joon said lately he wished he had a girlfriend. An easy going girl he can lean on and be comfortable with. Sun...

M.I.B to put on their first solo show!

M.I.B will be holding their first solo show since debut! The boys will be holding the ‘M.I.B Album Release Party [Money In the Building]‘ at Ehwa University in Seoul on the 18th at 7PM KST. The concert will celebrate the release of their second mini-album and their exciting title song “Nod Along“. They’ve not only been promoting the song in Korea, but all over America, Japan, and Singapore as well. M.I.B will be performing “Nod Along”, “G.D.M“, and “Celebrate” along with songs that they’ve never performed live before for their fans, both in and out of Korea. Jungle Entertainment said, “ The big and small-scale hip hop performances centered around Hongik University is becoming a part of the performance culture. M.I.B is going to keep opening hip hop performances and communicate with the audience. We’re looking forward to M.I.B’s performance becoming the new live hip hop performance brand. ” The boys are always masters of whichever stage they stand on, so their first...